THE #1 PAINT COLOR THAT PEOPLE AGONIZE OVER IS..
YOU GUESSED IT…
THERE ARE SO MANY WHITES- AND ALL WHITES ARE NOT CREATED EQUAL…IN FACT THERE ARE HUGE DIFFERENCES BETWEEN THEM THAT CAN THROW YOUR DECORATING ADVENTURES INTO A TAILSPIN!!!
THREE OF PHOEBE’S BEDROOM WALLS ARE WHITE. I NEVER DREAMED I WOULD EVER HAVE WHITE WALLS…MUCH LESS…WHITE WALLS THAT I THEN PAINT – WHITE!!!
BUT LIKE I SAY “NEVER SAY NEVER!”
PHOEBE’S BEDROOM WALLS used to be Benjamin Moore “COTTON BALLS”
…and then we changed them to “CHANTILLY LACE”!
WHEN CHOOSING A WHITE we found –
AS YOU KNOW….THE POSSIBILITIES ARE ENDLESS..
WHAT IT WILL BOILED DOWN TO IS CHOOSING
THE RIGHT WHITE WITH THE RIGHT UNDERTONE…
WHITES HAVE EITHER A WARM OR A COOL UNDERTONE
Cotton Balls has a pale pale pale yellow undertone…WARM. You would not even notice IT unless it was next to a white with a blue undertone..like Chantilly lace…which looks yellow next to a white with an even bluer undertone…and so on and so on….
IF you are interested in TRULY understanding undertones and WHITE PAINT COLORS I highly recommend you get Maria Killam’s E BOOK- WHITE IS COMPLICATED.
This book is for you if:
- You wonder if there is a “go-to” white that will look good in every situation.
- You would like to know the critical difference between choosing white for walls and choosing white for trim and cabinets.
- You want to learn how to choose the right white the first time.
- You need a “go-to” list of tried and proven whites that works 99% of the time.
- You realize that it costs exactly the same to paint the wrong white as it does to paint the right white.
- You are building or renovating and need to choose the correct white foundation palette.
WHITE paint colors come up a lot and hence I have done at least 3 POSTS on them….
NOW…LETS TAKE A LOOK AT 10 OF MY FAVORITE GO-TO ON THE COOLER SIDE – WHITES..
…AND TWO MORE WHITES- A HAPPY BRIGHT WHITE THAT I ADORE ….SUPER WHITE –
AND A BEAUTIFUL FARROW AND BALL WHITE – WIMBORNE WHITE…I AM KIND OF SMITTEN WITH THIS COLOR…MAYBE NOT FOR PHOEBE’S ROOM…BUT SOMEWHERE!
…WHAT ARE YOUR FAVORITE WHITES? ARE THEY WARM WHITES? COOL WHITES? OR SOMEWHERE IN BETWEEN???