IS An Adorable, feisty and sweet – 12 POUND “RAT TERRIER”.
“While visiting family in Texas, this little dog just showed up from out of the brush-it’s pretty rough country down there. He followed us whenever we left the house to the barn or the field or wherever and was waiting when we returned. Long story short, we couldn’t find where he came from so we brought him home to live with us. “
” We will have had him for 13 years which means he’s anywhere from 14-16 years old. He runs the pack of 3 dogs I have. Since coming north from the Rio Grande valley, Hobbes has always loved the heat. His favorite place is to lie on his bed in front of a roaring fire and will stay there until he is left panting… he also lies directly on the sidewalk in the hot sun rather than the cool grass in the summer. He absolutely loves people and will go up to anyone who gives him a smile and share delicate, little kisses.”
- President Theodore Roosevelt is said to have given the Breed its name after his own terrier had eradicated the Rat infestation in the white house.
- Rat Terriers are among the most trainable of terriers, and sports like agility, flyball, and coursing are excellent ways to socialize them and burn off excess energy.
- Rat Terriers love to dig, and they can get out of a fenced yard relatively easily. Provided they have the proper protection, they are able to spend a good amount of time outdoors. They love to be inside the house and outside to play.
- The Rat Terrier was officially recognized by the AKC in 2013.
- They are also very good swimmers, not bashful or afraid and have no problem with the water.
Thank you Diana for sharing Hobbes with us…
I SAW “A DOGS PURPOSE” TODAY…LOVED IT!
Stay Tuned tomorrow I will be making a very exciting announcement !!!