PINK and I go way back.
BACK TO THE BEGINNING IN FACT.
And 5 years ago I made the SERENDIPITOUS discovery that I could use PINK as a wall color, much ike a neutral…to enhance the other colors…IF I chose wisely.
HERE ARE MY 5 PINK RULES:
1. LESS IS MORE
3. START SMALL
4. LISTEN TO MOTHER NATURE
5. BE BRAVE – IT IS ONLY COLOR
1. LESS IS MORE – when you are choosing your wall color. Find a color you like, and then choose the one a tad lighter. The Deeper a pink gets, the more “little girl” it can appear.
2. BALANCE – THERE IS A REASON WHY PINK AND BLACK, PINK AND BROWN, PINK AND GRAY AND PINK AND NAVY COMPLIMENT EACH OTHER SO WELL – THEY STRIKE A BALANCE BETWEEN SWEET AND SAVORY THAT JUST WORKS.
3. START SMALL – A little pink goes a long way. and if you are still testing the waters, start small, maybe an accent wall…or even a pink accessory…that Pop of Color…and see how you feel…
4. LISTEN TO MOTHER NATURE – IT IS THE SURPRISE, THE TEASE, THE HINT ……THAT MAKES US WANT MORE PINK …AND MOTHER NATURE COMBINES ALL THE RULES – BALANCE, STARTING SMALL AND LESS IS MORE…TO GIVE US PINK…THE WAY NATURE INTENDED IT TO BE.
5. BE BRAVE – IT IS ONLY COLOR – LIFE IS TOO SHORT – HAVE FUN!
. I have had people ask “What does your husband say?”… My husband loves the pink living room, the wall color does not offend nor challenge his masculinity…any more that a BLUE room does mine…He only cares that the room feels good to be in, to hang out, watch a movie or read…and a PINK room, done correctly, is mature and inviting and beautiful.
Pink is not for everyone, but if you, like me…. are a fan of pink, dive right in, what are you afraid of. GO for it!!!