I am A LINKING PARTICIPANT!!
THE ONE ROOM CHALLENGE was conceived and is coordinated by Linda at CALLING IT HOME blog and is a semi-annual event where 20 bloggers, made up of Professional Designers, Diy’ers, and Interior Design Bloggers, transform a room from start to finish. For the next six Wednesday’s, THEY will be giving you updates on THEIR room progress.
IN THE MEANTIME, anyone that wants to (like ME) can LINK UP and Participate and is INVITED to POST THEIR progress on THURSDAYS!!! And I am JUMPING ON BOARD!!!
WEEK 3: Have you encountered any setbacks? Any happy accidents?
This week…we said goodbye to the BIG BLUE WALL in Phoebe’s Bedroom. I remember, like it was yesterday, agonizing over the Blue … choosing the color – Benjamin Moore Downpour Blue …for Phoebe’s 13th Birthday Bedroom makeover —and now…we are going to wallpaper.
Wallpaper over wallpaper
In this photo above you can see faint lines of the wallpaper which is already on the wall. A bit of history, every single wall in our 135+ year old home, and this includes the ceilings are wallpapered…When we moved here 11 years ago…we removed what we could but most of the wallpaper is truly holding the walls up. So we left it and painted over it.
I primed the wall with Sheildz.
Sheildz is the BEST choice if you are not only going to wallpaper but are going over old wallpaper … I discovered THAT the hard way..The Ammonia in many other primers actually REMOVES wallpaper!
BLUE WALL ALL GONE. I WILL REVEAL the WALLPAPER NEXT WEEK…I am almost finished and it will blow your MIND!!! Here is a sneak peek!
Here is my remaining “TO DO” list:
1. Paint sconces – get new shades
3. Paint all the furniture – (NOT the bed) …I bought the paint yesterday…after wallpapering I am looking forward to these simple “little” makeovers!
4. Get a new rug…
5. Reupholster her chair – My Beloved affordable upholsterer is NO longer working on his own…I KNOW, how could he do this to me?!!!…HUGE SETBACK…so to reupholster Phoebe’s chair will cost double what I paid my guy last time…and so I may tackle it myself …
…but after wallpapering …I am rethinking this and trying to justify spending the money on upholstering…I already bought the fabric – I may just buy a chair from target and use the fabric for the windows…more to come…
6. New Chandelier – I am so excited about this!
7. Windows – I know I will make new cornices but beyond those I have no idea…in fact I am going to scope out all of the other participants to get some ideas and inspiration!
8. ART – This is so exciting…and it involves her Ginger-kitty Gus!
9. Finish painting the room…
10. Buy new bedding, and some fun stuff for Phoebe’s birthday to style the room.
Phoebe’s bedroom CONTENTS, besides her furniture are in the hallway right now. Who knew one tiny teenager could have so much stuff…she has always been a pack-rat…half of our storage unit is her “stuff” and I am going to try to help her pare down the existing haul…I bought bins yesterday.
NEXT WEEK – WALLPAPER REVEAL!!!
Here is a LIST of the TALENTED ORC PARTICIPANTS:
I have had so much fun checking out the 20 participants AND THE OTHER LINKING PARTICIPANTS!!…There are such diverse styles and a such WIDE range of spaces being transformed..from total Kitchen gut jobs to reimagined master bedrooms and even another teen girls room!
BELOW ARE THEIR LINKS if you have some time to be inspired!!!
Jana Bek | Autumn Clemons | Coco+Kelley | The English Room | Vanessa Francis | Greige Design | Hi Sugarplum | I Heart Organizing | Jenna Sue Design | Stephanie Krauss | The Pursuit of Style | Julia Ryan | Savvy Home | Simple Details | Simply Grove | 6th Street Design School | Jill Sorensen | Swoonworthy | Waiting on Martha | Kimberly Schlegel Whitman
I HOPE you will follow along…and Be sure to subscribe to MY OLD COUNTRY HOUSE Let’s get friendly on Facebook, Twitter, Pinterest and Instagram.
HAVE A GREAT DAY AND THANK YOU FOR FOLLOWING ALONG!