I love Cupcakes..and I love today’s Dog-a-Day is a TOY POODLE named….
” Cupcake is very smart. Her most favorite thing to do is to wait for the mail to come through the mail slot on our front door every day. If not home when it arrives, she leads me to the front door as soon as I come in. The funny thing is, she seems to know that mail doesn’t come on Sundays, as she doesn’t wait for it on Sunday mornings. I don’t know if it’s because of the change in routine, or her biological clock has figured it out.”
” Another thing Cupcake loves to do during the summer months is “help” me hang laundry outside.
As soon as I pick up hangers or the laundry basket, she is ready to go. During the day, I might go
back and forth several times bringing in the clothes as they dry, and she is always right there by my
side each time.”
1. Poodles come in 3 sizes : Toy, Miniature and Standard. These aren’t different breeds, just different
sizes of the same dog.
Tie dye poodle
fur and cold paws, many of the dogs had to be dropped off at checkpoints. This struggle led to a new
rule that dictated only northern breeds like Siberian huskies and Alaskan Malamutes are allowed to
race. This measure ensures the safety of breeds that aren’t cut out for the extreme cold.
3. Among the many many celebrities that have Poodles – Elvis Loved them!
4. Poodles are one of the smartest breeds, second only to the border collie in rankings of canine
intelligence. Their smarts make them extremely easy to train
and a favorite of circuses.
HERE IS MY SPECIAL ANNOUNCEMENT
THIS PROJECT HAS BEEN SO POPULAR AND IS GAINING SUCH MOMENTUM AND
I HAVE DECIDED TO
PAINT 100 DOGS IN 100 DAYS!!!!!!
I WILL TAKE SUBMISSIONS FOR A DOG-A-DAY PAINTING UNTIL MARCH 1.
SEND YOUR PHOTOS TO
- IF YOUR DOG IS SELECTED FOR A PAINTING YOU WILL BE NOTIFIED A FEW DAYS BEFORE
- IT IS POSTED. PAINTINGS WILL BE POSTED ON THIS BLOG AND MY INSTAGRAM. @leslidevito
- You will have the option to purchase your painting.
I am still ironing out the posting details. I would like to resume my HOME related big posts and so what I may do is POST the DOG-A-DAY PAINTINGS, daily, on INSTAGRAM AND leslidevito.com, and once a week, post all 7 for the week….any suggestions welcome.
So send me your photos!!! I cannot put into words what JOY it has been meeting your dogs, hearing the stories and being reminded daily of the precious bond between Us and our Dogs.