I AM SITTING OUTSIDE A COFFEE SHOP
WITH CHARLIE AND BEAN…
The realtor OPEN HOUSE is taking place at my house.
IT IS HAPPENING!
HERE is the LISTING!
If I were to tell you where I have been, what I have been doing, how many trips to the hardware store I have made …IT would take too long and bore you to tears! I could tell you how I needed to buy Knee pads because I have been down on the floor scrubbing up all of my little tiny paint splatters…( I simply must learn to be neater!) It has been a whirlwind…I have touched every inch of this house with my hand and tried to make her look as pretty as possible. Busy times and then…
and THE WILLIAM AND MARY ACCEPTED STUDENTS DAY, SOCCER GAMES and just plain old life.
Here are my
FIVE PIECES OF ADVICE FOR STAYING SANE AND SURVIVING THIS PROCESS –
- TAKE OUT FOOD.- AS OFTEN AS POSSIBLE…MAKING FOOD JUST MAKES MESSES YOU WILL HAVE TO CLEAN AND THERE WILL BE TIME TO COOK LATER!
- SLEEP – GO TO BED AS EARLY AS POSSIBLE EVEN IF YOU CANNOT FALL ASLEEP BECAUSE OF ALL THE LISTS YOU ARE GOING OVER IN YOUR MIND. GET OFF YOUR FEET AND REST YOUR BODY. THIS IS NOT A TIME TO GET RUN DOWN AND SICK!
- TAKE BREAKS – FOR REAL LIFE – HONESTLY THIS HAS BEEN WHAT HAS KEPT ME SANE, SPRING BREAK IN PUERTO PICO WAS PURE HEAVEN!,
HAVING DINNERS WITH FRIENDS, GOING TO COOPERS SOCCER GAMES. THERE IS ALWAYS GOING TO BE SOMETHING TO DO AROUND THE HOUSE …BUT LIFE IS IMPORTANT TO DO TOO!!!!! KEEPS IT ALL IN PERSPECTIVE.
- TRY TO BE NICE. I SAY “TRY” BECAUSE, TRUST ME THIS IS A TOUGH ONE. I TEND TO GET ON A ROLL AND THEN HAVE A HARD TIME DELEGATING BECAUSE I JUST WNAT TO GET IT DONE MYSELF!!!!! BUT HELP IS WHAT I/YOU NEED AND HELPERS NEED TO BE TALKED TO NICELY.
- KEEP THROWING AWAY AS MUCH AS YOU CAN. I HAVE CROSSED OVER NOW INTO THINGS I THOUGHT I WOULD NEVER GET RID OF AND I AM TELLING YOU – IT FEELS SO GOOD TO BE FREE OF ALL THIS STUFF!!!! BETTER THAN I THOUGHT IT COULD EVER FEEL! DO IT!! CHUCK IT!
AH – MY HOUSE. Pretty soon will be someone else’s house. We have had an incredible run. Raised the kids, set all but one off to see the world and now the time has come to move on to the next step. I know I will cry buckets … but it is all good. AND I have new adventures ahead of me!