I have never aligned myself with any ONE particular design style because I feel like the minute I DO…the rest of the options are no longer available to me…and if there is one thing I know for sure…I LOVE CHANGE in my decor anyway.
BUT…if i WAS to declare a style favorite..it would probably be some kind of
COTTAGE, PREPPY , NOD TO TRADITIONAL….VERSION OF BOHO CHIC…
WHAT DO I LOVE ABOUT BOHO STYLE DESIGN?
Well, first I think it is more a way of APPROACHING LIFE AND DESIGN…and overall aesthetic and LACK of attention to detail…more loose and relaxed…like would like to be. What else do I like???
1. THE LACK OF CONSTRAINT. And yet it is one of the most practical design styles…youthful and fresh and relevant…it makes sense….and it is completely different to each individual…whereas with some styles they can become cookie-cutter…no two BOHO CHIC rooms are the same because each space reflects the special unique qualities and experiences of the occupant.
2. THE ABSOLUTE REQUIREMENT OF COLOR...AND THE UNEXPECTED COMBINATIONS…I love it!
3. THE INCORPORATION AND INSPIRATION OF VINTAGE .
4. THE SEXY FEMININE – BUT NOT GIRLIE – VIBE
5. THE MIXTURES OF PATTERNS AND TEXTURES…AND LAYERS THERE OF.
6. THE WONDERFUL CREATIVE USES OF ART…
I have barely scratched the surface here…a mere sampling…of BOHO style and inspired style. I know my home is not so much BOHO but I like to think I employ many of the ingredients…color…whimsy…ease…practicality and loose flowing rooms…I hope I can continue in this direction…I just love BOHO chic!!! I want to be more BOHO! I think it would be good for my blood pressure! xo
….I am heading to Richmond today for sure..yesterday we ended up with 5 inches of snow!!! Talk about March madness!!!