So, my concern all along with the blog title “My Old Country House” is that:
1. I am not a country girl, person, anything
2. what if I move?
3. in addition to not being country, my blog is not about country stuff, like chickens and berries and pretty linens in the breeze, which I have nothing against and in fact love, but do not wish to blog about.
4. for all of the above reasons, I think my blog title is misleading…
My case FOR keeping the name “My Old Country House”is:
1. I happen to live in an old (130 years) house, in the country.
2. Everything I do, write, paint, parent, decorate…blog…all takes place here, in my old country house.
3. this house, and all of it’s oldness is what has propelled me forward into a decorating frenzy, and fix it up hysteria, the house is what gives me my impetus to do it all.
4. The House is the template upon which all of my projects are tested, though I certainly ant this to branch out into a business where I help people decorate.
Months ago, when I was grilling my marketing major cousin about this she said, point blank
“you need to decide what you want to say! clean it up! Why should I go to your blog, besides that I am your cousin?”
On the drive home, I thought about this. What do I want to say?
What do I have to offer? What makes me different that any other blog.
well, I like to decorate. But not so much decorate as fix things up and then use them and make things look expensive that are cheap, and make my home flow and feel nice, and like it cost way more than it did…I love to sew, and build and especially to paint. I paint paintings and I paint rooms and when I am planting, I feel like I have taken a sedative. It is addictive, that feeling. Who would not want to be sedated after driving soccer carpool or breaking up a fight about a door knob?
decorate and sedate? sedative?
OMG. remember Young Frankensitein?
Doctor – “GIVE HIM THE SEDATIVE!”
Igor- “waht the “sed- a- give?”
Doctor – “NO the sedaTIVE!!” had to be there.
anyway, please take a moment and share your thoughts. what makes you go to a blog? what makes you go back? I apologize for asking you these questions again, but here I am 6 months later, with 38 followers, truth be told, of whom 4 are my immediate family, I need to take a new direction. There is one blog that started when I did and she has thousands of followers…
in advance…THANK YOU!!!