The ONE ROOM CHALLENGE is a semi-annual event where 20 bloggers, made up of Professional Designers, Diy’ers, and Interior Design Bloggers, transform a room from start to finish. For the next six Wednesday’s, THEY will be giving you updates on the progress of their room makeovers. These are all great blogs with incredibly talented women at the helm…
AND I HAVE DECIDED TO PLAY ALONG…Do my OWN CHALLENGE! WANNA JOIN ME???
….after all, I don’t know about you, but I ALWAYS work best under pressure and if not too much pressure, well then for sure…a deadline..and plus – together we can compare notes, cheer each other on….give each other suggestions, share sources and inspiration…
It took me less than two seconds to decide which room I would do because,on a daily basis, this room scares the crap out of me!!! It is like one of those rooms you see on those “Hoarders” shows where they find dead cat skeletons and old travelers checks that have been lost for years. The psychological toll of doing this room is going to just have to be a price I will have to pay. It is time.
I need the space.
…. I NEED AN ART STUDIO!!!
SHOOT AND SCOOT
Go take a swig of something and then look at the next few photos…I decided to spare you the requisite “room from all angles” shots…in fact, I took the photos of “hell” from the doorway and then ran! Shoot and Scoot.
WORK TO BE DONE
A few, well okay, more than a few, things that MUST be done in order to make this transformation happen..making a list helps you/me focus your/my energies and budget time..and money…I have little of either so this should be interesting.
1. LEVEL THE FLOOR – This is the confounding issue, the reason the room is NO LONGER a Guest room, which I tried to make it…or Tate’s room, which it was for a year..is because, not entirely uncommon to these old houses and sleeping porches.. the floor line follows the roof line and slants down. You can roll a marble easily down the slope, and this MUST be changed. I have had it priced, and re-priced and have the guy…just got to find the funds.
2. PAINT THE WALLS – I dream of drywalling the space..one day, but for now, to make it a useable space, I simply need to choose a color. I am actually thinking that the walls need to stay light, maybe a lovely creamy white with one large horizontal stripe….and I might paint the old bead board ceiling one of my new favorite colors…Periwinkle.
3. MAXIMIZE STORAGE – I need to build or HAVE built a way to store my paint and canvases so they don’t get damaged.
4. WINDOWs – something needs to happen there. they can be replaced later, but for now I need to make them more insulated.
5. CLEAN, PURGE AND SELL – This should have been listed first. My biggest hurdle is repurposing, relocating and recycling all the CRAP… Nuff said..It is already making me depressed. You know what I am taking about? This overwhelmed feeling is the WHOLE reason..this makeover has NOT happened.BUT I have to forge on. DO …and DO NOT THINK.
…do you have a room you need to makeover? Join me, lets do our own one room challenge..see how far we get!!! you can put links in the comments section to your photos…
Way More fun to come.
TOMORROW IS MY HUSBANDS BIRTHDAY AND TO CELEBRATE I WILL BE ANNOUNCING OUR FIRST OCTOBER GIVEAWAY!!! BE READY!