THE #1 PAINT COLOR THAT PEOPLE AGONIZE OVER IS..YOU GUESSED IT…
THREE OF PHOEBE’S BEDROOM WALLS ARE Benjamin Moore “COTTON BALLS” and she STILL wants white walls…but not THESE WHITE WALLS!
…so we are changing the WHITE….
AS YOU KNOW….THE POSSIBILITIES ARE ENDLESS..
WHAT IT WILL BOIL DOWN TO IS CHOOSING THE RIGHT WHITE WITH THE RIGHT UNDERTONE…SOMETHING COOLER
Cotton Balls has a pale pale pale yellow undertone..THAT you would not even notice unless it was next to a white with a blue undertone..like Chantilly lace…which looks yellow next to a white with an even bluer undertone…and so on and so on….
IF you are interested in TRULY understanding undertones and WHITE PAINT COLORS I highly recommend you get Maria Killam’s E BOOK- WHITE IS COMPLICATED.
This book is for you if:
- You wonder if there is a “go-to” white that will look good in every situation.
- You would like to know the critical difference between choosing white for walls and choosing white for trim and cabinets.
- You want to learn how to choose the right white the first time.
- You need a “go-to” list of tried and proven whites that works 99% of the time.
- You realize that it costs exactly the same to paint the wrong white as it does to paint the right white.
- You are building or renovating and need to choose the correct white foundation palette.
WHITE paint colors come up a lot and hence I have done at least 3 POSTS on them….
NOW…LETS TAKE A LOOK AT 10 OF MY FAVORITE GO-TO ON THE COOLER SIDE – WHITES..
WHITE DOVE, AS A READER REMINDED ME IS REALLY A WARM-ISH WHITE. IT DOES NOT HEAD TOWARDS YELLOW LIKE LINEN WHITE BUT IT IS NOT COOL. AS ALWAYS, I SUGGEST YOU TRY EVERY COLOR ON YOUR WALLS BEFORE YOU CHOOSE IT…LIGHT CHANGES EVERYTHING.
…AND TWO MORE WHITES- A HAPPY BRIGHT WHITE THAT I ADORE ….SUPER WHITE –
AND A BEAUTIFUL FARROW AND BALL WHITE – WIMBORNE WHITE…I AM KIND OF SMITTEN WITH THIS COLOR…MAYBE NOT FOR PHOEBE’S ROOM…BUT SOMEWHERE!
…WHAT ARE YOUR FAVORITE WHITES? ARE THEY WARM WHITES? COOL WHITES? OR SOMEWHERE IN BETWEEN???