I had the best of intentions to stay with this “What I wore Wednesdays” thingy…but alas, I have been LIVING in my painting clothes and gym clothes…but here are a few outfits that are
I know that many of you are like me. We love Clothes, but our lives are just the same routine. No real reason to get gussied up, but I do feel better, when I have taken a moment to dress NICER than sweatpants. A few years back..I had an aha moment. As a consummate sales a bargain shopper..I have always hunted down the best deals and often missed things when they were fresh a new. I realized, in this phase of my life, that I did not need to spend much on dress up clothes…but that it was a worthwhile investment to spend a bit more on FEWER basics…so that is what I have done. I do not shop much, but when I do, I try to save here and there, but if something really catches my eye and I KNOW I will live in it…I might spend a bit more…dare I say..even FULL price to have that good staple piece. And I save other places.
TOP – ANTHROPOLOGIE
JEANS – FOREVER 21 ( I PURPOSELY DID NOT BRING JEANS ON THE TRIP…SO I COULD BUY THEM, I GOT THESE AT FOREVER 21 FOR $7.80!!!)
SHOES – TORY BURCH SLIDES – these were a splurge, but here is the thing, if you pop on a pair of TORY BURCH slides with anything…it upscales the outfit. So grab your target tee and your Torys and in this case my Forvever 21 $7.80 jeans….you are good to go…
Top – Forever 21
“jackie Sweater” – J CREW
jeans – Forever 21
and I love my jack Purcells!GO HERE
PHOTO SHOOT OUTFIT-
TUNIC TOP – ANTHROPOLOGIE – I am loving this Tunic from Anthropologie. I wore it three times over one weekend (different crowds.) It can be dressed up..or down. Jeans or leggings. With boots or flats or short booties…adorable. You know I rarely talk clothes on my blog, so you know if I am gushing over a piece of clothing it MUST BE great..this top is amazing. I am a 4-6 and got a Small.
Pink HACKING JACKET – BANANA REPUBLIC–
(every Wednesday you can get 40% off of one item!) this is another item I have not taken off. It has these cute patches on the sleeves and makes any outfit look so cute. I live in this blazer…and you can get % off almost every day of the week there.
JEANS – FOREVER 21
FRYE BOOTS again . LIVE IN THESE!!!
me and my Fryes…we go way back. I know I am using the phrase “live in these” a bit much..but these ARE me. I have worn my Fryes with skirts to church, to soccer games, all around New York City (they are the only boot I can walk in all day and get no blisters or sore feet). I gave them to my Nieces last year for Christmas because I know they will last FOREVER and ever amen, and that they will never go out of style.
(if you click any of the above photos they will take you to the item in its site)
so basically – MY UNIFORM (outside of painting clothes and gym clothes) IS:
1.Frye Harness Boots
2. Killer pair of skinny jeans, if they fit great I love them.
3. White or Blue button down shirt, my favorite right now are my Vineyard Vines Ones.
5. V Neck “Vintage” T shirts and Jackie Sweaters from J Crew
6. Fun different Anthropologie tops.
7. I actually found that LOFT carries a great selection, and fantastic prices of nice thin V Neck sweaters which I Love to wear and bit big with my skinny jeans…and boots…
8. Blazers…love them.
Today we are celebrating our 3 year “Doggiversary” of getting Charlie – I am going to post the story later – double stuff Wednesdays I guess!
I AM ON THE HUNT for some big girl OVERALLS, like the kind I wore all through the 90’s, but slimmer and sexier…if that is possible..like these –
any leads??? xo
What is your UNIFORM? What 5 pieces of clothing can you Not live without…???
IF You want to share what YOU wore…go here to the PLEATED POPPY AND LINK UP!!!
8 thoughts on “MY UNIFORM – WEDNESDAY WHAT I WORE and our DOGGIVERSARY”
Great timing on your question – top 5 pieces of clothing, since in the next couple of days I think the weather will finally?! turn fall’ish here and my summer cotton dresses won’t make the fashion parade much longer. So my fall / winter go to’s are,
1) I love coats. Running errands, a decent coat, tights or jeans, and a pair of boots and I can go anywhere and look way more pulled together than I truly am.
2) Cashmere hoodie. I have 2. Purchased them over 10 years ago and I live in them. First couple years they were treated as “nice” clothing then they moved into the daily wear category and now the one is relegated to lounging at home cause the armpits have worn too thin, but the other still is working as daily wear. Huge lesson, splurge on something you really love and will wear often, and after a couple of years of wear you’ll realize its one of the cheapest per wear cost items you’ve ever owned.
3) any top that is “boho” / peasant / embroidered
4) a good quality white shirt. Current fav is longer length that I can wear as a tunic or tuck in.
5) I have a couple of simple double knit pull-on skirts that you’d never know they have an elastic waist cause they have super seam topstiching. Pair them with the tights, boots, shirt and a sweater. Done and done. If I’m not in jeans then I’m wearing one of these skirts.
Guess I better go try those things on and see if last year’s items still fit! Oh my. Robin
I love that jacket! Now onto my question, Is there a 5th giveaway? I need my last chance!
check todays post!
You should talk fashion more often! I like everything you’ve shown. Those Frye boots are amazing! I really enjoy looking at fashion posts because they make me think outside of my normal uniform. Tunics are something I never wear but would like to add. Loving one at Anthropologie right now and can’t decide whether or not to buy it at full price.
THANK you Stacy…I think I will…it helps me to verbalize anyway…I think you should go for it on the Anthro top…think of a fewways over the next few weeks you can save 50 bucks and just do it…wear it all the time…it will be money well spent. We do it for our kids ALL the time…do it for yourself!
I’m ashamed to say, my 5 pieces of clothes I can’t live without are scrubs, fleece jackets or hoodies, PJ’s, yoga pants, jeans and my sperry’s. I feel like I spend so much time either at work or at home doing my classwork, I don’t wear much else. Its sad, huh?!?!?!
Looking for bibs? Top Shop just opened up in Nordstroms at the Mall of America in Minnesota.They had a super cute, slimmed-down version of yesteryear’s bibs…with today’s prices… $94.00. I’m hoping they catch on like wild fire, as I’m so over yoga pants outside of the gym.
Comments are closed.