of THE ENGLISH ROOM BLOG ….is one of the most talented INTERIOR designers and Design Bloggers I know and certainly THE MOST media savvy PERSON I know. I have learned so much on so many fronts from Holly …and Yesterday, she announced that she had been nominated for
Holly shared her list of 10 nominees, of which I am one. wow! Thank you HOLLY! –
Thank you HOLLY for including me in such a fun exercise!!!
A Sisterhood of the World Blog Award nomination means I now answer HOLLY’S 10 questions, AND THEN I select 10 new bloggers, and ask them my own 10 questions.
SO HERE GOES….MY ANSWERS TO HOLLY’S QUESTIONS:
1. The perfect paint color?
This is a tough question. I have so many “Perfect” colors – the “perfect” golden brown color for a yellow labs face, the “perfect” brown cow color, the “perfect” white for trim and one for walls and one for the exterior of our house, the “perfect”aqua blue to resemble a summer sky…sooo….
I will go with my favorite “PERFECT” PINK – Pink Cloud by Benjamin Moore
2. If you could have any job besides the one you have right now, what would it be?
WORKING Actress……. I did the “struggling” one.
3. If you could pick any designer, living or dead, to decorate your house, who would it be?
4. Dream trip?
I am not sure where this place is and I am open to any and ALL suggestions but I would love to take my family AND my dogs someplace magical and tropical…and surprising…STAY IN A TREE HOUSE IN A TOWN with few stores…and no cars…minimal internet and 75 degrees and sunshine. Fresh fruit and great burgers cocktails by the sea.
5. Best meal of your life?
We were on our honeymoon in Siena Italy. It was one o’clock in the afternoon and we ate wine and cheese. It was the best meal of my life.
5. Pick an all time favorite movie and an all time favorite book that you think we should all watch and read?
They are the same….To Kill a Mockingbird…book and movie.
6. Best gift you have ever received?
This will sound strange because it was not a happy time, but when my mother was dying and my birthday rolled around my best friend Trish sent me a box which contained cleaning supplies, coffee and malted milk balls. In the box she wrote me a card which said that she knew that there was nothing she could do that would make that birthday happy, not one thing, but that she knew ME and she knew the things I would be doing to stay busy and distract myself with and de-stress…scrubbing things clean, drinking coffee and eating malted milk balls.
7. Favorite wallpaper ever?
The one THAT I just put in my daughter Phoebe’s room….DAYDREAM BY JULIA ROTHMAN
I could have it in every color in every room….
8. If you could rewind twenty years and give yourself one piece of advice, what would it be?
“You are going to be fine.”
9. Chicest Hotel that you have visited or seen?
A. – THE NEW YORK PALACE –
My dear friend Emily and I stayed there on our recent trip to New York City.
10. Piece of art that you most covet?
I COVET anything by ALEX KATZ!!!
NOW! HERE ARE MY QUESTIONS FOR MY SISTERHOOD OF THE WORLD BLOGGER NOMINEES!!!
1. What is your favorite drink?
2. Besides living things – what would you grab from your home in a fire?
3. What is the last book you read?
4. Lets pretend you are a REAL HOUSEWIFE…..What would be your “Housewife” tag line ?
5. If you were going to college and could get in ANYWHERE where would you apply and what would you study?
6. What was your first pet?
7. If you could pick anywhere on earth to live but you would have to live there forever….where would that be?
8. What is your CURRENT favorite color to decorate with?
9. What is your CURRENT favorite color to WEAR?
10. What was your favorite Cartoon as Kid?
HAVE FUN FRIENDS!!! THANKS FOR PLAYING ALONG!
CASSIE from PRIMITIVE AND PROPER
ERIN of HOUSE OF TURQUOISE
JENNY of LITTLE GREEN NOTEBOOK
KAYCE HUGHES of XOKC KAYCE HUGHES BLOG
KIRSTEN of SIXTH STREET DESIGN SCHOOL
LINDA of CALLING IT HOME
MELAINE of MY SWEET SAVANNAH
MITZI BEACH of MITZI BEACH
MALLORY of CHARMING IN CHARLOTTE
RHODA of SOUTHERN HOSPITALITY BLOG
HAVE FUN FRIENDS!!!!
I CAN’T WAIT TO SEE YOUR 10 QUESTIONS AND YOUR 10 NOMINEES!!!!