I WONT’ LIE….
Sometimes I miss the days of Legos and American Girl dolls, stuffed animals and hot wheels….but now with 3 teens of my owns and all but one niece is a teen…Holiday shopping takes a bit More …courage and resourcefulness …one size fits all…..does not work…teens each have their own UNIQUE styles and tastes and those can change…like their sweet moods…at a moments notice…often you get NO notice…
I have compiled some of my current go-to favorites…these are ever evolving..and changing….but I hope that these are helpful suggestions for the teens on your Holiday shopping list!
I AM OMITTING ELECTRONICS FROM THIS POST…THEY ARE NOT AS MUCH FUN…BUT WE USUALLY HIT BEST BUY FOR THOSE THINGS.
1. FIRST, YOU MUST GET A LIST..WITH LINKS…AND PHOTOS IF POSSIBLE.
AND HERE ARE THEIR CURRENT TOP 10 FAVORITE STORES:
2. J CREW
SHOES ARE HUGE THIS YEAR, THE ONES THE KIDS HAVE ASKED FOR ARE:
(CHECK ME IF I AM WRONG, BUT DID WE NOT WEAR MANY OF THESE??? GOTTA LOVE RETRO!
4. FOR THE PREPSTERS….
5. LILLY PULITZER
6. BROOKS BROTHERS
AND A BIG FAVE….
7. AMERICAN EAGLE
…A GREAT ONLINE OPTION…..
8. STELLA AND DOT,
ALEX AND ANI AND OTHER JEWELRY PLACES
9. ULTA . MAC OR ANY MAKE-UP PLACE
10. FREE PEOPLE
2. GIFT CARDS CAN BE FUN
OUR TOP TEN GIVEN AND RECEIVED ARE:
1. FOOD AND DRINK GIFT CARDS – There are a whole range of these….THE FOODIES – SUBWAY, PANERA, CHIC FILA, EVEN DOMINOS and of course STARBUCKS, or a local coffee shop in your area are great, give the kids independence.
3. BARNES AND NOBLE
4. BEST BUY
5. DICKS SPORTING GOODS/ SPORTS AUTHORITY
6. GAS CARDS
7. ANY OF THE ABOVE CLOTHING STORES ARE A HIT, AND GAP GIFT CARDS CAN BE SPENT AT BANANA REPUBLIC, ATHLETE AND OLD NAVY TOO!
8. GAME -STOP
9. MOVIE / FANDANGO
10. I HAVE BEEN TOLD THAT ITUNES ARE BECOMING PASSE BUT I AM STILL GOING TO INCLUDE THEM
3. CASH IS KING!!!
TEENS LOVE INDEPENDANCE AND SOMETIMES HAVING SOME MONEY OF THEIR OWN CAN BE THE BEST GIFT EVER.
HOPE THIS HELPS!!! HAPPY HOLIDAYS!!!
MY YOUNGEST TEEN NEEDS MY LAPTOP…GOTTA RUN!!!!
3 thoughts on “HELPFUL HINTS: SHOPPING IDEAS FOR TEENS”
Am loving you. Have been following posts on your kids more than decor lately (which is new for me)… Thanks for these links! I love it all although my daughter is just a tween, I feel lost in this transition! 😉 Merry Christmas to you and your beautiful family!
Leslie..hold onto your hat and you sweet girl…tween becomes teen in a blink…!! xo
luckily i’m still in the legos phase! these are great suggestions for future years! happy holidays!
Comments are closed.