You can dig and dig through the archives of this blog and you will find NO photos of the Master Bathroom. That is because it/was NOT photo worthy. Not necessarily OLD and run down, more middle aged and cheap and nasty and just not worth your time.
All of that is about to change. Yesterday, while a freak March snowstorm fell outside my window, I started the renovation of the Master Bathroom. Last week the room got new ceilings and the vinyl flooring was ripped out, the shoe mould and the baseboard were pulled out…and finally the shower, toilet and sink and vanity were removed. I sold the sink, faucet and Pottery Barn Vanity as one unit on Craigslist (basically paid for the new vanity), the toilet went to Habitat and the shower, went to the dump….in pieces.
Yesterday I installed the concrete board…I have the aching fingers and knees to prove it…My daughter took a photo of me at 9pm last night when I finished which I will show you later…but I got it all done!!! Our internet is down so I am at the local coffee shop, and will add most of the photos later. For now I thought I would share my agenda with you and then this whole week will be about the Master Renovation….
1.Install Concrete Board TO floor – DONE
2. Intall Shower Floor (I spent a great deal of time trying to find a shower that would untilize the exact footprint of the old shower and Friday we pulled the new shower base out and guess what!!!!…….the most exciting news…tee existing shower drain is EXACTLY where the new shower drain IS…so NO moving of the drain needed!!! This is HUGE!!!)
3. Install Concrete board for Shower Wall tile
4.Install TILE floor and walls
5.Install Baseboard and Shoe Mould (Jess), ME Paint
6.Install trim on Bead board (jess)
7.Paint Walls and Bead board
8. Install Vanity (I have already painted it…I am going to surprise you!!!)
9. Toliet and shower faucet and oh yeah, the shower walls in there somewhere.
10. Finishing touches: Ceiling Pendant, towel bars etc.
11. Grout, seal…and get read to take a shower!!!
writing all of this down makes me a tad overwhelmed but I will get it done…
3 thoughts on “MONDAY MAKEOVER – MASTER BATHROOM: PART 1”
It’s going to be beautiful!
This is a long shot. I am in the process of finishing a job begun by someone that quit mid-job. Laying tile in the entrance to an old retail store. The Merola tile that was used in your project is what I seek. It is discontinued. Home Depot and Merola do not have it. Would there happen to be a few sheets left over from your project?
sadly no! Good luck finding it…y friend found some a few months ago the HomeDepot online…
Comments are closed.