I love the start of a new year. All the possibilities seem endless. And I usually tackle most of my HOME projects in January and February when things are a shade less hectic .
Last year I tackled LARGE projects..the bathrooms and the kitchen. This year I will be doing a series of random unrelated projects…some of which have been on hold for months!!! I am excited to get started…
1. MUDROOM and BARN DOOR – The first order of business is to create a mudroom area just inside the front door in the dining room. I have the area all measured and mapped out…here are a few Pinterest inspiration photos…
2. MASTER BATHROOM BARN DOOR – The finished unpainted barn door has sat in our upstairs hallway for months. I just need to paint it, order the hardware and install it!
3. MASTER BEDROOM MAKEOVER – I have had nothing but a bare bulb as the sole ceiling light in our master bedroom since we had the ceilings installed. I just have not found the RIGHT light at the RIGHT price. I finally found one on ebay and need to have it rewired and installed. I thinK I would like to repaint the Master Bedroom a warmer color than the current gray. I love the gray…just ready for a change.
4. ENTRYWAY GALLERY WALL – I plan to paint one wall in the front hall and add more family photos to the Gallery wall going up the stairs. I want to add more photos of Damon and I and our families and have collected photos for a while. I ordered the mats and have the frames ready and waiting!!!!
5. LIVING ROOM UPHOLSTERY CHANGES – I spied these slipcovered chairs at Roxie daisy and now am OBSESSED with the idea of covering the living room furniture in LOOSe fitting sloppy linen slipcovers!
6. STORAGE IN DINING ROOM FOR ART SUPPLIES – While we are doing the MUDROOM area in the dining room I hope to also add some storage for my art supplies etc.
7. BOYS ROOM – This week we swapped some furniture around and I plan to paint some dressers in the boys room to update some old pieces and add pops of color. I found some great colors and cannot wait to get started!
8. PHOEBE’S ROOM – I know what you are thinking…”Didn’t you just do Phoebe’s room?” But that was 3 years ago and Phoebe and I are thinking about one last hurrah for her 16th birthday. Much of her bedroom will stay the same…Phoebe just wants to layer linens and neutrals and you know me…I am always UP for a makeover!
and here are a few kind of boring but necessary structural changes we hope to complete this Spring
9. LEVEL THE SLEEPING PORCH FLOOR
10. RE-DO THE KIDS CEILINGS
as you can see..I get a lot of my inspiration from Roxie Daisy in Charlottesville…
20% OFF ALMOST EVERYTHING IN THE STORE AND EVEN IF YOU DO NOT LIVE HERE YOU CAN CALL AND BUY THINGS OVER THE PHONE!!!
ROXIE DAISY IS LOCATED:
THEY ARE OPEN TODAY FROM 10-6PM!!!! DON’T MISS OUT!