1. Cleaned the floor thoroughly.
2. Used TSP to clean it some more.
3. Designed my pattern….
4. PRIMED the floor with SKILZ primer which I had tinted to one of the gray colors.
5. Touched up the trim with Benjamin Moore – Mountain Peak White and “CUT in” the floor around the edges…
6. I originally designed a Herringbone Pattern but changed my pattern when 4 colors looks too busy…the result is a kind of “Chevron meets Stripes” pattern
7. Taped off the lines to get them nice and straight…
8. Removed the taped…touched up the bleed throughs…and then touched up THOSE bleed throughs..rinse and repeat!!!
9. LET IT DRY
This was not a difficult project..TEDIOUS YES,
but EASY TO DO.
The hardest part was keeping people out of the kitchen for a few days while I let it dry…
FINALLY, I devised this “ISLE OF PLACEMATS” system…
which allowed folks to come in the kitchen… ONLY if they stepped on the placemats!!!
BENJAMIN MOORE PORCH AND FLOOR PAINT 2 quarts $15.00/each
1.Coventry Gray and 2. Tucker Gray
2. SKILZ Primer $25
3. Cleaning supplies etc $20
TIGER spent MORE time in the kitchen during the painting process than he ever has in his life!!! I think he was looking for his food, which usually sits in the window sill…away from the dogs…
I AM IN LOVE WITH MY KITCHEN FLOOR!!!
AND THAT MY FRIENDS…IS A WRAP!!!
THE KITCHEN IS DONE!!!!