THE #1 PAINT COLOR THAT PEOPLE AGONIZE OVER IS..
….Once upon a time – I used to think ALL WHITE paint colors were alike – I have long since let go of that notion!
ALL WHITES ARE NOT ALIKE!
There are hundreds, thousands of whites to choose from. It can feel overwhelming.
One way I have found to narrow down the field is to divide the whites into TWO categories : 1. WARM and 2. COOL
This blog post will focus on
Basically – and I mean this is a very BASIC explanation – Whites have an undertone – usually a blue undertone which makes it “cooler” or a yellow undertone – which makes it “warmer”
THREE OF PHOEBE’S BEDROOM WALLS ARE Benjamin Moore “CHANTILLY LACE”
When you look at the colors above – you can see – BY comparison that the Chantilly Lace is cooler. And often this is HOW you will see which is cooler or warmer – BY comparison…..
IF you are interested in TRULY understanding undertones and WHITE PAINT COLORS I highly recommend you get Maria Killam’s E BOOK- WHITE IS COMPLICATED.
This book is for you if:
- You wonder if there is a “go-to” white that will look good in every situation.
- You would like to know the critical difference between choosing white for walls and choosing white for trim and cabinets.
- You want to learn how to choose the right white the first time.
- You need a “go-to” list of tried and proven whites that works 99% of the time.
- You realize that it costs exactly the same to paint the wrong white as it does to paint the right white.
- You are building or renovating and need to choose the correct white foundation palette.
WHITE paint colors come up a lot and hence I have done at least 3 POSTS on them….
NOW…LETS TAKE A LOOK AT 10 OF MY FAVORITE GO-TO ON THE COOLER SIDE – WHITES..
THIS is a perfect example of ONE white being “MORE” cool next to another white (SIMPLY WHITE)which is both cool and warm- depending on what it is next to – SIMPLY WHITE can play both sides!
SUPER WHITE –
AND…. Here are a few more great COOL whites –
AND A BEAUTIFUL FARROW AND BALL WHITE – WIMBORNE WHITE…I AM KIND OF SMITTEN WITH THIS COLOR…MAYBE NOT FOR PHOEBE’S ROOM…BUT SOMEWHERE!
…WHAT ARE YOUR FAVORITE WHITES? ARE THEY WARM WHITES? COOL WHITES? OR SOMEWHERE IN BETWEEN???