THE ADDICTION CONTINUES…
All of my NEW Design Books have been coming in…
sometimes two a day!
and the other day I got
my friend John and Sherry Petersik’s
YOUNG HOUSE LOVE
It is BETTER than I ever dreamed possible and I knew it would be good.
I cannot wait to sit and pour over every single page…
At first glance this is what I LOVE:
1. size...it is the PERFECT size to take with you from room to room, in your purse, while you shop and as a ready reference, While most design books make great coffee table books, this one will move, from room to room, as new projects are attempted. It’s compact size is PERFECT!
|…soon my YHL book will be as worn as my Beloved DOMINO book…|
2. Price Not only was this book affordable ($15.57 on Amazon) …but when Amazon shipped it, they even refunded me some change!
3. Graphics and Photos: The use of space on each page is efficient and practical and very easy to read.
4. No Book Jacket – I LOVE LOVE LOVE beautiful books, but this book, like the DOMINO book (in my humble opinion one of the BEST ever) a pretty book jacket would have HAD to go.
5. Guest Chapters – The guest chapters and DIY sections only enhance the overall appeal of the book to me. I mean if I had a book, I would have to have a guest do the gardening part..because that is not my strength…
|Stefanie from one of my FAVES Brooklyn Limestone|
|Kevin and Layla (YES they are really this beautiful!)
from the Lettered Cottage
Now, I am fairly certain that my little review will NOT in any way impact the success of John and Sherry and Young House Love, but for you, my followers, I HIGHLY recommend this book.
Here are some things I am going to do:
1. give it as a wedding present with some supplies to our friends getting hitched.
2. Give it as a graduation present to anyone just starting out…and
3. give it to everyone I know for Christmas.
4. Tackle more DIY projects including my yard!
Tes, I have done many many DIY projects and yet,
there are still more out there to try and I cannot wait to get started!
Now, if you have read this far…then here is a tid bit for you…stay tuned to their YHL blog…because someone you know has been crashed…shhhhhhhh
I have kept this a secret for months…
MONTHS I tell ya! and
now I am about to pop!
It should be any day now…
sooooo exciting…I will tell you the whole story later…